Click to translate this site into one of 50+ languages!
- When you hear OCD do you think about someone washing their hands over and over? Or maybe they have to knock 3 times before they do something? What about the constant fear that they might kill a loved one? That they might make God angry? That they don't really love their significant other? This may sound like psychosis but it is simply a defect in the brain's filter. All people have random thoughts but people with OCD grab onto a thought and think "Is this true? Do I want to do that? Why am I thinking that? Am I going to do it? Why would I want to do that?" A person with OCD does not want to act on their thoughts, they find them terrifying, disgusting and disturbing. They know that their thoughts are irrational, but the Fear is so strong. The person thinks: "What If?" They may develop rituals(compulsions) to quell the anxiety. If they are obsessed with germs, the compulsion may be to wash their hands. If they have Scrupulosity, they may constantly go to confession. OCD is treated with Cognitive Behavior Therapy and various medications. OCD is a strong and resistant anxiety disorder; but once you put effort into recognizing your obsessions for what they are, and maybe find the right medicine; the outlook is very good.
- Which days would you chose?
- If you would like to share or tag our page you can do it quickly and easily by typing “@” and then start typing PMDD! It is just like the old way of tagging other people :) Thanks for helping us to make PMDD a household name!
- The WHO’s take on why women suffer more mental illness than men. Any thoughts on why hormones were not included in their reasons? _____________________________________________ Women’s mental health: The Facts Depressive disorders account for close to 41.9% of the disability from neuropsychiatric disorders among women compared to 29.3% among men. Leading mental health problems of the older adults are depression, organic brain syndromes and dementias. A majority are women. An estimated 80% of 50 million people affected by violent conflicts, civil wars, disasters, and displacement are women and children. Lifetime prevalence rate of violence against women ranges from 16% to 50%. At least one in five women suffer rape or attempted rape in their lifetime. http://www.who.int/mental_health/prevention/genderwomen/en/
- Like and share if you agree.
- We hope that all of you Americans had a lovely Thanksgiving yesterday and this time of great stress was not exacerbated. How about it? Was the calendar kind to you yesterday?
Blogs We Read
Tag Cloudantidepressants atypical PMDD autoimmune B8 banana peanut butter smoothie bipolar birth control candida questionnaire candidiasis can men have pmdd contagious depression funny gifts hormone allergy hormones hysterectomy LH surges luteal phase magnesium medical disclaimer medications misdiagnosis misinformation myo-inositol ovulation PMDD progesterone intolerance rant serotonin SSRI stages of PMDD surgery treatment types Uncategorized vitamins yeast